• Instagram
  • w-facebook
  • Twitter Clean
Gallery of photos
THE MIND

​The power of the mind is astonishing.  It influences every aspect of our lives, it is difficult to comprehend.  Yet, only a moment’s reflection is necessary to convince you that we all have thoughts and beliefs that limit our lives.  If you believe that you cannot do something, your mind conspires to fulfill that belief.   You do not even try.  You simply let life happen.

The conscious mind, which accounts for 10% of our mind, is your present awareness. The subconscious mind, on the other hand, accounts for the other 90% of your mind. It can be compared to a computer or a memory bank. It takes in everything we hear, sees, feels, experiences and stores it in our memory banks.

The subconscious mind controls our bodily functions; breathing, heart beating, eyes blinking, the immune system, organs, muscles, bones, and tissues. The subconscious mind is where we store your emotions, habits, core beliefs and our permanent memory. Just like a computer, the subconscious mind operates only on its programming, which has been created based on life experiences. Through hypnosis, we are able to reprogram your subconscious mind to bring about the positive changes you desire.

 

There is a part of your conscious mind called the "critical factor." It can be likened to the doorman between the conscious and subconscious mind. It has the power to accept or reject new programming. Its job is to protect you. Because change, even positive change, is viewed as a threat to the nervous system, most new programming gets rejected. This is why you may wake up in the morning and say, "today I am going to exercise and eat only healthy foods," and by noon you are searching for chocolate and have created brilliant excuses as to why you can't exercise. The only way to make real change is to get the new programming into your subconscious mind. During hypnosis, your critical factor is put to rest for a while and the new and positive suggestions and information go directly into your subconscious mind allowing you to make lasting, powerful and positive changes.